Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New deck to cover broken porch tiles

kelli
Cultivating a Following

New deck to cover broken porch tiles

The weekend I moved in, something heavy was dropped on the tiles of my front porch, breaking one and leaving a few loose. I decided to build Merbau decking over the top and I could not be happier with the result. Took me 6 hours and cost $250. Not bad for a girl who has never used power tools before!

Next project will be to build a cover for the hose and then the gas meter.

AE672F82-5FC4-436B-A11C-3A23D0BCA0F9.jpeg

32FC49C8-6A88-4FC9-90CB-CF2A88E22515.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New deck to cover broken porch tiles

Brilliant job @kelli, I'm sure your handiwork will inspire many other community members and visitors to Workshop. We are so pleased to have you join us and share this project. Looking forward to seeing more soon!

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house or garden, or have something new to share. We have loads of clever and creative members sharing fantastic project inspiration and helpful advice every day. And please let me know if you ever need hep getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Nice work @kelli - welcome to the community 😀

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

wow this is exactly what I want to do. I have a large long patio with a number of tiles broken. Could you tell me how you did it please? I have no idea where to start
ta

Hi @Kerriecupcake,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @kelli for you so she is alerted to your question and can hopefully give you some pointers on getting started.  

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're looking forward to seeing how your own patio decking project progresses (with plenty of help from our clever and capable community members along the way!)

Jason

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions about decking @Kerriecupcake - happy to help.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Hello, can you please share details on how to install deck on top of concrete ? Regards
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @malhan,

Thanks for joining in the discussion. I would encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos of your concrete slab and details about the kind of deck you would like to build. That way you'll get much more specific and helpful advice from our experienced community members. 

Welcome to Workshop. We are confident that you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. 

Jason

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Is definitely doable @malhan. Here's an example: 

Concrete.jpg

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

@kelli 

Wow what an absolute stunner.

What an amazing job you did and the cuts and mitre joints are amazing..

I'm looking forward to seeing your other projects ....

Thank you for sharing with the community

Kind regards Rob 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects