Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New outdoor entertaining area

danieltheman
Building a Reputation

New outdoor entertaining area

Built a patio. Never built anything in my life...

20180620_170804.jpg

Fire on patioFire on patio

IMAG0633.jpg

I'm so proud I can build stuffI'm so proud I can build stuff

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: build a patio. never built anything in my life

Wow, you have every reason to feel proud @danieltheman. Fantastic job. I'm sure your work will inspire other community members. Well done.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. We invite you to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you.

Thanks for sharing your project,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: build a patio. never built anything in my life

Brilliant job @danieltheman. Congrats.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: New outdoor entertaining area

Brilliant @danieltheman. You deserve to feel proud. 

Got any advice for people having a crack at their own deck and/or outdoor entertaining area? What are some of the things that you learned along the way or found difficult?

good job mate...do you need permission from the council?

Thanks for joining in the discussion @HoppersTech. Let me tag @danieltheman for you so he is alerted to your question.

A very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We look forward to reading all about your own projects and plans. Perhaps you have your own deck and/or entertainment area planned? Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a project to share.

Jason

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Best to ask your council that question @HoppersTech as rules differ. In this case I doubt permission was needed as it was a replacement - the footprint of the house wasn't changing. But hopefully @danieltheman can confirm. 

danieltheman
Building a Reputation

The hardest thing for me was the stairs if u get the box size wrong ur stairs will be wrong.. have a plan write it down.draw it up. U Tube anything ur not sure and ring a friend for advice 

@HoppersTech 

If u building a new deck yes need council approval I had a existing one

Great to see you back on Workshop @danieltheman, many thanks for the updates.

Not sure if you would have noticed the view count on your post. It's now approaching 16,000 views! Congratulations, your patio (and can-do attitude) has inspired so many people. 

We look forward to seeing what you turn your hand to next. And we certainly encourage you to reach out to the community if you need a hand with anything.

Thanks again,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects