Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet D.I.Y. projects

kaylah_rose
Experienced Contributor

Re: Pallet DIY Projects

@Jackson - this looks awesome!! Were the pallets pulled apart to make it or just joined together as is? 

I managed to pick up some pallets last night, so I look forward to sharing what I turn them into shortly. 

ProjectPete
Trusted Contributor

Back of Bunnings and similar stores is usually a good place to find pallets. Just dont take the coloured/branded ones as they get reused so you'll get done for theft :cheeky:

Otherwise just general industrial areas will usually leave them on side of road or at least in their big bins so you can nab a few from there @kaylah_rose

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @homeprojectco
Joker
Experienced Contributor

There are lots of houses in our area at the moment being built or renovated. So lots of pallets lying around and being thrown in dumpsters. I like the idea of turning them into something useful.  

JetBlack
New Contributor

Love that sliding door! I've made storage boxes and a dining table (frame and legs from pallet, top from old door) and a tv / hall stand as well. This is what that turned out like:

palletTVstand.JPG

Kermit
Trusted Contributor

Looks like your photos haven't come through @JetBlack. Could you please try again? I'd be keen to see what you've made. 

Kermit
Trusted Contributor

JetBlack
New Contributor

How do I post photos here?
JetBlack
New Contributor

Thanks @Kermit I finally figured it out (helps to be on desktop haha) Picture posted in edited post above..

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to see you worked it out @JetBlack. Many thanks for sharing. I hope my private message was at least a little helpful. Please note we will be optimising the site for mobile devices - stay tuned for news soon.

In the meantime, feel free to give me a shout whenever you need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Annette
Super Contributor

I check Gumtree out daily for free stuff or bargains and pallets are advertised for free regularly - so don't spend your hard earned dollars on them when you can get them for free.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects