The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.
Bunnings Workshop community members have shared many fantastic poolside projects such as outdoor cabanas, timber-free decks and fence makeovers.
Check out some great examples of projects for your pool area below. We’d be happy to help if you’d like to do something similar.
1. Poolside timber cabana with concrete bench by @ProjectPete
This poolside cabana included a polished concrete bench seat, feature wall and crazy pavers.
2. Low-level deck for pool area by @Marty_McFly
Marty added a waterfall feature to this low-level timber deck next to the pool.
3. Backyard English pub custom made from shed kit by @Theshoddy
For those wanting a refreshing backyard drink after a swim, check out this poolside pub. It features a bar and hybrid flooring.
4. Water-resistant steel-framed deck using HardieDeck by @Adam_W Durable fibre-cement boards and a steel frame are a great choice for a poolside environment.
5. Poolside fence makeover by @ProjectPete Pete clad his Colorbond fence with freshly cut Marri wood to give his pool area a "rustic and cosy" feel.
6. Poolside composite decking by @ProjectPete
Composite Ekodeck is another durable option for a poolside area and ideal for a low-maintenance deck next to a pool.
7. Garage to pool cabana conversion by @2Belindas
Transforming an old garage into a Hamptons-style pool cabana helped greatly enhance Belinda's backyard.
8. Poolside gazebo bar and lounge with pizza oven by @nathanh
Nathan’s fully plumbed poolside bar includes a gazebo lounge area, complete with retractable shadecloth.
9. Outdoor cabana and poolside paving by @Jesse1
Reclaimed terracotta pavers and a simple cabana make a shady spot for relaxing by the pool.
10. Backyard studio build by @Jason
Jason replaced an old garage with a poolside backyard studio that includes a bathroom and storage room.
Bunnings Workshop community members have shared several step-by-step guides on maintaining your pool and related equipment, including How to maintain a pool and How to build a pool pump cover.
We also recommend checking out our Best Advice section for handy tips and useful advice. It includes articles such as How do you fix a green pool? and What plants are suitable for around a pool?
The Bunnings Workshop community can assist with more inspiration and advice for revamping your poolside area and maintaining your pool. Don’t hesitate to start a discussion and tell us what you would like to achieve. We’re here to help.
You must be a registered Workshop community member to comment. Please join Workshop or sign in to join in the discussion.
Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects
When selecting roof attachments for your festive lights, ensure they are specifically designed to secure tightly without causing damage.
Gutter cli ...
We would love to help with your project.
Join the Bunnings Workshop community today to ask questions and get advice.