Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you glue Easycraft VJ panelling to walls?

chippydave
Just Starting Out

Can you glue Easycraft VJ panelling to walls?

Hi all

have a client looking to panel some walls in their meals / dining, using the easycraft VJ panelling. 
the walls I’m looking to fix to are facebrick that has been drylined with gyprock, as well as standard painted float and set plaster. 
move done a bit of research on their website and they recommend battening out brick walls first but I want to avoid this as it will protrude past door frames etc. 

has anyone had any success just gluing to walls etc ? 
id be fairly confident of good adhesion to the new drylined gyprock, painted plaster is always a bit of an iffy affair though. 
Any words of advice from anyone who has experience using this product would be greatly appreciated 

cheers in advance 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: help with easycraft vj panelling

Hello @chippydave

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about VJ paneling.

The quick answer is yes, you can glue the VJ paneling straight onto the plasterboard. The VJ paneling was actually featured on: Master bedroom makeover. It clearly shows the panels being glued onto the plasterboard wall and mechanically fixed with a finishing nail to hold it in place until the glue dries.

Here is one of our featured projects: Recessed TV feature wall with easy VJ panels.

Let me refer to our experienced member @ProjectPete who has used VJ panels in his projects.

Let us know if you need more information.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Fatsquare
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the information and sorry to dig out this 2 year old  thread. 

Just wondering what is the specific of the adhesive to glue the VJ panels on plasterboard, do you have the product hyperlink? 

If, I want to glue the panel on the brick wall( it is just a small  area 1200mm*740mm) . Can I just glue it in the brick wall straight away. And which glue is suggested?  I don't want to setup pine stud on the brick wall. If I setup stud, the panel will higher than  existing wall next to it.

Bomber25
Cultivating a Following

I’ve always used stud adhesive for my VJ panelling with a combination of nails.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/gyprock-csr-1kg-acryclic-stud-adhesive_p0731067

As for sticking to bricks I would recommend this:
https://www.bunnings.com.au/gyprock-csr-20kg-drywall-masonry-adhesive_p0734625?store=6431&gbraid=0AA... 

Hi @Fatsquare,

It's great to see that @Bomber25 has provided a helpful answer. Using either of those products would be suitable for fixing your VJ panelling to a brick wall. Please note that if you are using the Gyprock CSR 1kg Acryclic Stud Adhesive it's suggested to use masonry nails as well. 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Fatsquare
Growing in Experience

Yes. Thanks a lots. I am using adhesive glue and brad nail for attaching  to plaster board.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Fatsquare 

Please keep us updated with your progress. We look forward to seeing your VJ panels attached.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects