Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Leather lounge repair job

Kanga42
Getting Established

Leather lounge repair job

Hi

My first request on WS. I have just bought a really nice leather lounge for a steal on "Treeplace"

It has a small tear in it which is part of the reason for $$$.

I intend to get some all black adhesive tape and feed it through and stick it on from the inside, a bit tricky but easy enough.

The tape will have to be black on adhesive side.

Lighter for scaleLighter for scale

Anyway, perhaps somebody has some experience in this, would love to hear.

Regards

Brian

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: Small leather repair

Is something like this worth a try? 

https://leathermagic.com/leather-repair-kits/

Kanga42
Getting Established

Thanks Marty
They have a lot of colourings but not much else.
I have emailed them and included an image for advice.
Here's hoping.
Cheers
Kanga42
Getting Established

Ta daa !!Ta daa !!Well, I appear to have solved the problem with the "Just right" vinyl adhesive tape which I applied on the inside, then stuck some on externally which was better than anticipated.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Congrats @Kanga42, great repair!

Can not even notice it had a tear. 👌
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Nanama. I'm sure @Kanga42 appreciates the complement. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about your own projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi what brand adhesive vinyl tape did you use?

Hey @libbybibby, welcome to the Bunnings Workshop Community! It's great to have you here. 

I'll tag @Kanga42 and see if we can get a response regarding his brand of adhesive vinyl tape. In the meantime, I'll also tag @Jason , @MitchellMc and @EricL to see if they have any good tips regarding this :smile: 

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @libbybibby

Thanks for sharing your question about the vinyl tape adhesive. I have to agree that it looks amazing, the repair is almost flawless and the colour match is just spot on. The store has a few coloured Duct Tape but these are more like a repair patch and are not made from vinyl. Hopefully, @Kanga42 will be able to shed some light on the type of product that they used on the lounge seat.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects