Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

3D printers - eliminating vibrations.

Brad
Trusted Contributor

Re: 3D printers - eliminating vibrations.

The Lab I belive have a 3D scanner.

https://makerspaceadelaide.org/  is another option,I don't think they have a scanner though.

Seaton
Established Contributor

Well done, I designed up some damping feet for my printer and printed with the ninja flex (NinjaFoot by seaton - Thingiverse). by controlling the print infill % controls how much dampening the foot achieves.

For the filament I use an old food dehydrator and run my filament through that before I print, Nylon and PLA are most susceptible to moisture and usually store them in bags with some descant bags (the little bags that you get in various things that say do not eat). these bags can be re-charged in the food dehydrator so can be re-used.  I keep all the ones I get in electronic equipment at work so have a bucket full.

First layer adhesion issues are mostly down to bed levelling, correct gap between head and bed, and also bed surface.  One of the best investments I've had is a BLTouch bed levelling sensor, most of the newer printers have options to add this as well as the relevant firmware so its not hard to implement.

Kermit
Trusted Contributor

From looking online, there might also be human figurines that came with it.

PNG image.png

Super66
Experienced Contributor

yes they could be made on a 3D printer..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects