Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New shed flooring

Daves880
Cultivating a Following

New shed flooring

Particleboard.png

Hi again guys, I am engaged in building a new shed and have chosen to mount it on treated pallets (?).

I need suitable flooring and had thought H3/4 plywood? The problem is the cost!

Can anyone offer advice? There must be a cheaper solution I hope.

I see in shed sales yards sheds on pallets but unless you purchase the shed from them they are tight lipped!

Thanks for any and all comments, Dave

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New shed flooring

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Gezza87. Great to see you make your first Workshop post. Welcome! 

Hopefully @Daves880 or some of the other contributors to this discussion such as @Brad@darylhewston and @Wayne can help. I see you have also posted a related question here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor-Living/Cheapshed-floorings/m-p/14028

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@Daves880 

Old thread I know, but I am curious about the phrase "council style slabs" - what does this refer to? Just a standard concrete slab?

Pip
Getting Established

I couldn’t agree more about the EZness of  a concrete slab for a shed floor but unless you have an income it does prove a bit pricey especially for a pensioner, any other CHEAPER alternatives?

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Wise decision. I think the sales yards put assembled sheds on pallets just so they can move them around easily and they have pallets at hand.  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects