Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Give me your best BBQ recipe

Jackson
Making a Splash

Give me your best BBQ recipe

Hey Workshop! I'm hosting a BBQ for 8 friends on the weekend and rather than just trotting out the usual boring fare, I'm keen to impress them. I have a Weber and a 6-burner hooded BBQ at my disposal.

Does anybody have a killer recipe that'll make me look like an Iron Chef?

chairman-kaga.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cooking Indian.

How'd you cook the chicken @Noyade? On the Barbie? I can't imagine you'd get that type of sear on it any other way. Though I see the tray in the background, so perhaps it was in the oven.

Now I want Indian food, thanks. 🙄 😁

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Morning @MitchellMc 

This was cooked in a $39 Kmart mini-electric oven - where you can cook with top or bottom or both elements. For this - I mostly used the top element.

I'm an amateur, but it's fun. 😁

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Prof 

"Hard to explain..The sort of flavour you get with Hungry Jacks burgers or similar commercial hamburger makers..

Mine just tasted a bit flat and lacking that real hamburger taste.."

Hi Prof. You didn't get much of a response to this - and I'm interested as well. I think I'm getting closer to replicating the "sausage" seen in the MacDonald's McMuffin, but I'm not there yet.

Coles sells a sauce "close" to the sauce seen/tasted in a Big Mac.

Random thoughts...

I know Jamie Oliver doesn't use eggs in his burgers or any form of breadcrumbs. The meat should be fatty and his "secret" ingredient is mustard. Clearly this is no longer a secret.

Prof
Becoming a Leader

The computer crashed several days and in the repair shop..Have just got it back with a lot of files, fav. documents missing..

I now have an excellent recipe for hamburgers..just like the real thing..When I find my recipes folder, I'll pass it on to you..

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Prof 

"I'll pass it on to you.."

I look forward to it. I had a 'Hello Fresh' burger last week. Wasn't fussed on the salad but I liked the idea of caramalising the onions and cooking the cheese onto the burger - not just dropping it on. Unfortunately the spices are unknown to me - just came with a sachet called "Aussie Spice Blend."

Colonel Sanders would approve of doing that. Not the best burger I've had - but very nice.

Scan1097.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects