The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.
Decorating your home to make it more stylish and attractive can be a simple and inexpensive D.I.Y. project. Ideas include creating feature walls using paint, adding VJ panelling or building furniture.
Bunnings Workshop members have shared many creative ways of decorating their homes.
Here are the top 10 most popular decorating projects on Workshop by pageviews: Toilet roll holder shelf
1. Toilet roll holder shelf by @Rodney
This streamlined shelf not only looks attractive but also makes fantastic use of space. Resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc shares step-by-step instructions in How to build a toilet roll holder shelf.
2. Cottage transformation by @2Belindas While transforming a tired weatherboard into a gorgeous cottage, renovation expert Belinda gave the house a fresh coat of paint using Dulux Whisper White and a custom tint.
3. Bamboo panelling on kitchen island by @ProjectPete
Experienced Workshop member Pete installed architectural bamboo panelling on this kitchen island, brightening the space.
4. Painted upcycled buffet with brass handles by @craftyhopper
Leanne used Porter's Paints in the colour Yacht Race to paint a buffet and added stylish brass handles. Bamboo panelling on kitchen island
5. Recessed TV feature wall with EasyVJ panels by @ProjectPete
A plain brick wall was transformed into a feature using EasyVJ panels.
6. Kitchen island EasyVJ panelling by @ProjectPete
Pete also used Easycraft EasyVJ 63mm panelling on his kitchen island and painted with British Paints Mossy Road.
7. Hourglass side table by @lieselroberts
Joining two pots and spreading a thick mixture of grout and paint created this hourglass table.
8. Nib wall bedhead with VJ panels by @EleventhCoastal
Kirsty shared a nib wall bedhead with VJ panelling and floating shelves. Hourglass side table
9. Bedroom picture ledge with VJ panel wall by @TheRenoDad
A VJ feature wall with a Pine ledge that gives the whole bedroom a lift.
10. Tiled side table by @lifestylebymari
A side table design built using MDF panels and white tiles.
Bunnings Workshop members have shared many guides that may come in handy for your next decorating project, including How to paint like a professional by experienced Workshop member @Peggers, How to choose right paint for the job by @EricL and How to build a plant wall feature by @MitchellMc.
You can also check out How to create a VJ feature wall and How to make a feature wall using wood panels by the Bunnings team.
We recommend checking out the following collections for more creative ideas: 3 ways to create a feature wall
Last updated: November 2023
You must be a registered Workshop community member to comment. Please join Workshop or sign in to join in the discussion.
Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects
When selecting roof attachments for your festive lights, ensure they are specifically designed to secure tightly without causing damage.
Gutter cli ...
We would love to help with your project.
Join the Bunnings Workshop community today to ask questions and get advice.