Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Electric rodent repeller

AndreaNg
Having an Impact

Electric rodent repeller

Anyone tried those sonic mouse and rat repellers that you plug-in? We've heard some scratching around above our ceiling inside our roof and I think its a rat or mouse rather than a possum - they are much louder!! I like the sound of not having to use baits or traps, but it sounds too good to be true… Anyone had any experience or luck with them?

Trying
Making a Splash

Re: Electric rodent repeller

Hello @AndreaNg, I've been using a 'PEST CONTROL - Magneto Sonic ' for over 10 years (the same one ! ) in four different homes in four different states, and even during the mouse plague in my area a few years ago I never saw,heard or found a mouse or rat ever. It is safe for kids and pets, and also keeps away cockroaches and spiders. The only things that seem to be immune to it are crickets. Go figure. Those I can deal with. I can't speak for other brands as I have heard of failures, but I have no knowledge of them myself. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects