Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Citrus Tree issues

jc88
Just Starting Out

Citrus Tree issues

DSC_1878.JPG

DSC_1877.JPG

DSC_1874.JPG

Hi

I have just moved to a new property and my citrus trees aren't looking great (lemon, lime, mandarin) 

The lemons have black spotting on them and the leaves have alot of holes and are curled slightly in some areas. Some advice from the lady at Bunnings was potentially caterpillar or leaf curl. 

Had a quick look on the underside of the leaves and couldn't see any insects. 

Any idea of what it is And what to do about it? I need to be careful with what I use as I have a dog. 

Wasn't sure if it was snails? Haven't seen many around but it is very hot and dry currently

DSC_1881.JPG

DSC_1879.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Citrus Tree issues

Hi @jc88,

Welcome to Workshop and apologies for the slow reply. 

Sorry to see you are having trouble with your citrus plants but I'm sure helpful members like our amazing @Noelle can provide you with some helpful advice to assist them to flourish again. Many thanks for the photos. You might also like to clarify where you are based, what kind of soil you have and how much you have been watering the plants in these dry conditions. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Citrus Tree issues

Hi @jc88 

As Jason has previously said, we would be in a better position to be able to help you with your citrus problems if we have more info, such as:

• your location (town or suburb and state)
  • what the soil is like
  • what type of fertiliser and how often
  • watering regime (how much/little and how often)
  • are trees growing in garden beds with plants right up to trunks
  • recent major weather events (for example, hail - one of the photos looks like mechanical damage of some sort to leaves & fruit)

If you could reply with as much detail as possible, it would greatly assist us 😀

Thanks!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects