Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to save a dying tree?Please!!

Mileymenethil
Just Starting Out

How to save a dying tree?Please!!

Hi everyone, My tree grew too high and hit the power line so I cut a little of, and then he seemed to die.

Half green half dead, How do I save him?

Is there any medicine in Bunnings

Please advise

8286AD13-06A8-4117-912E-9531C679BD21.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to save a dying tree?

Hello @Mileymenethil 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about saving your tree.

According to the electrical companies that service my trees. A live tree will conduct electricity, and if it has been electrocuted only time will tell if it lives. Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle, @mich1972 and @Adam_W for their opinion regarding your tree getting electrocuted. 

At this point in time, I can only recommend aerating near the tree roots and watering them. We'll wait for our garden guru's suggestion if the tree is still viable. 

Can you please tell us how many days has it been since the tree got electrocuted? Are there any new leaves sprouting or are the remaining leaves starting to turn yellow? Any other information you can share about your tree will be very much appreciated.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric    

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good morning, I think I may have said something wrong before,My tree wasn't electrocuted, I think it gradually became sick after I cut its head crosswise.The left side has lush green leaves, but the right side has turned into dead wood.Looks like half alive and half dead,Please see the photo I just took it,Part of the bark fell off.

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4399.JPG

Hi @Mileymenethil,

Half the tree has likely died off, and it might be worth enlisting the services of an arborist/tree doctor to assess and remove that side of it. This could have been due to your pruning or just an unfortunate coincidence. By enlisting a professional, they can take measures to ensure that the remaining side has the best chance of surviving the removal of the dead material.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects