Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove Smartstone benchtop smear marks?

MaPaZank
Finding My Feet

How to remove Smartstone benchtop smear marks?

We recently renovated our kitchen and used Smartstone benchtops.  I have recently hired a cleaner and I see after they had left, the benchtop has smear marks from a cloth and whatever cleaner they used.  I have tried to remove these with a cloth and washing up .  It has not worked.  It had a beautiful shiny finish but now it has streaks/smear marks, which is very upsetting.

Can anyone recommend a way to remove these marks and restore the shiny finish.?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Smartstone benchtop smear marks

Hello @MaPaZank 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your benchtop.

I suggest calling the the cleaning company and relaying to them the damage that has occurred to your benchtop due to the cleaning chemical used. If you can send photos of what's happened that would even be better. You can then ask them to restore the polish to your benchtop.   

However, if you wish to try and polish it back up yourself, I propose having a look at the Hillmark 375ml Stone Kleen And Protect Marble Granite Cleaner. I suggest testing it in a small corner of your benchtop first and see if it brings back the shine. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Eric.

I've contacted the Stone provider and asked for help as to how to remove the streaks.  I will contact the cleaners too.

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the cleaner. 

Where do I purchase it?

Eric. I've just clicked on the link and see i can purchase from Bunnings.  Thank you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects