Workshop
Ask a question

What is this benchtop called?

lauraleigh710
Just Starting Out

What is this benchtop called?

IMG_0105.png

What would you call this and where would I find one to install again? We have barstools at the end of counter now and just not very functional. PS — home has been majorly remodeled 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What would this be considered?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lauraleigh710. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about benchtop elements.

Any protrusion from a countertop such as this is typically called a breakfast bar. They can consist of the kitchen bench extending out a certain distance to accommodate, or as in your picture, they could be a separate supported element.

It sounds like your kitchen benchtop is already installed, so you'd be looking for a supported extension. Did you want this to match your benchtop? If so, and if it were one of ours, we could enquire with our supplier about customising a new smaller bench to match and suit your needs.

Alternatively, you could look at installing a timber panel and supporting it with brackets.

You might like to post a few images of the area where you'd like to install it, as they would give our members a better idea of a solution that would work. Let me know if you need a hand uploading the pictures.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects