Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I fix the aluminium seal for the wardrobe glass sliding door?

ankitmarodia
Just Starting Out

How can I fix the aluminium seal for the wardrobe glass sliding door?

The glass sliding door in the wardrobe has aluminium seal with rubber inlet on the sides of the mirror which has come off and looks like it was sticked with something and the glue is no longer working.

IMG20230324110003.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I fix the aluminium seal for the wardrobe glass sliding door?

Hello @ankitmarodia, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your wardrobe glass sliding door.

It looks like the aluminium frame has come away from the glass. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the rubber seal installed? Can you also please post a photo of the profile of the seal that has come off? There are a few seals available from the Moroday range, but we need to determine if there is a compatible profile that will work with your wardrobe door.

Another method to anchor it into the frame is to use Selleys 310g Clear Glass Silicone Sealant. If the aluminium frame has a channel in it that houses the rubber seal, you can use the silicone sealant to take its place. Generally, all you would need to do is to place a large bead in the channel and push the glass into it. Make sure to square the frame and remove the excess silicone sealant. Once the silicone has cured it will have the same elastic properties as the rubber seal.

Please remember to use personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when working on your sliding door.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects