Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you grind stencelcrete off a concrete driveway?

AmandaAquilina
Getting Established

Can you grind stencelcrete off a concrete driveway?

Hi , I have a 15 year old driveway which has stencelcrete on driveway . I wanted to see if anyone can share there experiences with concrete grinding this off . Was it time consuming and what type of finish can I expect ? I would be then looking at colour sealing the driveway was grinded off

Thanks 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Can you grind stencelcrete off a concrete driveway?

Hi @AmandaAquilina,

This sounds like another great project for your new home. Our resident DIY expert @EricL will be online later this afternoon to assist. Let me tag in our experienced Workshop members @CSParnell and @Nham to see if they have any suggestions. In the meantime, check out this discussion Stencil concrete painting where member @Birdy04 was looking to cover their stencilcrete with a textured primer, possibly eliminating the need for griding.  

If you have any pictures of your driveway, please share them here so we can offer you the best assistance possible. I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos of your project journey. And remember, if you need any more help along the way, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you grind stencelcrete off a concrete driveway?

Hello @AmandaAquilina 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the concrete driveway? This will give our members a chance to assess how deep the stencil is. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed. 

If the stencil is not so deep, it might be possible to grind it away, but it will generate a lot of dust and there is no guarantee that the surface will be totally flat. However, if the stencil is very deep then it would be more practical to re-surface or re-level the concrete surface.   

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects