Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair cracks and resurface the driveway?

Shanman
Just Starting Out

How to repair cracks and resurface the driveway?

My driveway has a few long and big cracks and somearea's paint has been fading. Can you teach me the step by step how to resurface the driveway and what products I need to buy?

Kind regards,

Shan

driveway 2.jpgdriveway.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair the cracks and resurface the driveway

Hello @Shanman

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about resurfacing your driveway.

I suggest using Gripset Betta 1L Concrete Crack Filler to fill in the cracks of your driveway. However, if the cracks are too deep, I recommend using a Moroday 15mm x 5m White Gap Filler Rod to prevent the filler from sinking too deep into the crack. Before you apply the filler please note that the driveway must be thoroughly cleaned especially between the cracked area of the driveway.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint a concrete driveway

I recommend having a look at the White Knight 1L White Heavy Duty Ultra Pave Concrete And Paving Paint. It resists hot tyre pick-up and can be applied over oil and water-based topcoats. It can be tinted to many colours so please choose carefully.

If you need further assistance, please let us know,

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects