Workshop
Ask a question

How to find a right hand opening internal door?

Dom123
Just Starting Out

How to find a right hand opening internal door?

Hi. I want to build a right hand opening internal door. I guess a pre hung door system would be easiest. The problem is that the Bunnings online shop only offers 1 pre hung door which is described a 'FH LH'. I guess that means left hand only? Why is there no right hand door? What ever FH means?

Can you help me to find the right products? 

I need a door jamb, door, hinges?, door knob. Anything else?

Regards,

Dom

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to find a right hand opening internal door?

Hello @Dom123 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about a right hand opening internal door. 

In order to purchase this door assembly, I suggest measuring the door frame and door size of your choice and bringing it to the special orders team at the store. You can also have a look at the Hume Internal Doors and choose from the available sets.

Once you are at the store, just ask the team for a quote on an internal door and frame that is right hand opening. Once you've indicated the door style you are after they will then see if the door set you are after is in the book or they will send it to our supplier for quoting. 

Once they get the quote back, they will give you a call and ask if you wish to proceed with the order.

In regards to the code letters they refer to FH -full height / LH - left hand. You can also specify to the team if you need hinges and a doorknob for the door.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects