Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need Euromatic EUR-9000FX split system air conditioner manual

duncanzx10
Just Starting Out

Need Euromatic EUR-9000FX split system air conditioner manual

Purchased a Euromatic air conditioner a few years ago.. now its showing an E4 error code and will no longer cool/heat.

The fan on the evaporator (inside) still works when you select fan only

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: help required to find a manual for a Euromatic EUR-9000FX split system air conditioner

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @duncanzx10. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about air-conditioners.

The first thing to do is check your internal air filters and clean them if they are blocked. Blocked filters can cause the coil to freeze over and the unit to enter a defrost mode. Another possibility is that the refrigerant is too low and needs to be recharged. I am unable to locate a manual as the unit was last manufactured several years ago. You might like to have a technician assess the machine as if it's not blocked air filters, they would need to carry out further repairs.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need Euromatic EUR-9000FX split system air conditioner manual

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @duncanzx10. I trust you found Mitch's reply helpful, and get plenty of help and inspiration for all your projects around the home and garden from our wonderful members.

Just thought I'd add that a Google search produced this link to a manual for your air conditioner.

All the best,

Jason

duncanzx10
Just Starting Out

Thank Mitchell

Unfortunately the system isn't going into defrost.. as the coils do not get a chance to ice up.. 

It doesn't start up at all.. it errors as E4 straight away..

I looked at the manual link you added.. but it was for a stand alone wall mount, and not the split system so the error code may not be applicable?

Thanks anyway

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @duncanzx10 

The E4 error signal generally makes a reference to the thermostat, gas, bad fan and coil failure. Even if you were to locate the failure, you would not be able to repair it. I recommend engaging the services of an air-con technician, they will be able to do a thorough diagnosis and tell you exactly what has failed in your aircon.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects