Workshop
Ask a question

How to match paint colours in my home?

Cranswick
Growing in Experience

How to match paint colours in my home?

Hi l want to paint over some section of the interior of my house, theres about three differnet shades of white the doors , trimms and ceiling, l dont know the correct names of what shade of white each one is, how do l find out what is the correct shade of white to buy. l tried those paper color matching things you have in the paint section but l never seem to get or find the correct matching one , the only way l can tell for sure is to actually buy a paint sample to see if its a match and if its not then l have wasted my money

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting . how to find correct colors

Hi @Cranswick,

Thank you for your question on colour matching.

The best way to colour match paints is to bring a sample in store. You might like to check out this advice from my colleague @EricL, How do you match paint colours?

You can remove a small section of the material that has the paint on it, take it in store and the helpful team members at the store can scan it and colour match it.

Since this is inherently destructive, you should choose an area that will not draw the eye as you'll have to use a filler such as Selleys Spakfilla Rapid Gap Filler to repair the removed section.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects