Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom layout advice wanted for renovation

sam1978
Getting Established

Bathroom layout advice wanted for renovation

2EF37DB7-1F11-49B8-9A04-1D8955717F74.jpeg

CD010BBA-504E-4E81-812A-D3CF29A15B41.jpeg

B037839B-C793-4A2D-9EDB-531B4B17F37C.jpeg

0551AD54-26EF-4586-B1E0-5C5D40FAFE69.jpeg

Hi there. Unfortunately we have to replace the flooring in our bathroom after a leak has caused extensive rotting. The silver lining is that I now have permission (😂) to redo the bathroom on a budget. The dimensions of the bathroom is 1950 x 3850.

I would like to tile the floor  (currently Lino) and a section of the wall and install a stand alone glass shower screen.

I would also like to create a vanity with an integrated front loader washing machine.  To do this, I would like to use a kaboodle timber bench (havea timber). I have 6 drawers fronts ( each measuring 583 x 223) and end panels that I can use but would need to purchase internal carcass and I would love some advice on what I should be purchasing. I will include a photo of the drawers (photo is of vanity but I only have the drawer fronts and end panels) and a photo of what I have in mind for laundry/vanity.

Finally, the bathroom layout also needs to include a toilet. 

I would so appreciate any advice around possible layouts and advice about how to construct the laundry/vanity.

Many thanks 😊 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom layout advice wanted for renovation

Hello @sam1978

I'm sorry to hear you got water damage in your bathroom. The good news is it now gives you the opportunity to revamp the bathroom. Would it be possible for you to please tell me the make and model number of your front-loading washing machine? This will let me design the integrated set that you're after. 

I'll be sketching up a preliminary design of your bathroom and as soon as you provide me with the information needed I'll post the design here.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sam1978
Getting Established

Hi Eric. Thanks for your reply. We’ve scrapped the idea of the laundry in the bathroom. We now have a space of 3m by 1.7m to work with. Would love your thoughts on best layout   There is a window on one of the 1.7 walls and a doorway on the other. Otherwise, we can put anything anywhere else 😊 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sam1978

Thank you for the update on your plans for the bathroom. Is there a reason for the change in floor area? Your original size was 1950 x 3850 I'll have to update your sketch with the new dimensions. I'll post the plans here as soon as I'm finished. If you are moving your laundry to another part of the house, please let me know the dimensions of the new laundry area so I can make a sketch of that area as well.

Eric

sam1978
Getting Established

Hi Eric.  Such a long story but ultimately we are now demolishing the existing building and starting from scratch.  The laundry is now going to be a cupboard laundry (with extra shelving for either pantry or linen) which measures 3000 wide x 800 deep (not sure about the height but it backs onto a solid wall with ceilings being 2.4m).  I'll send you my floor plan...we'll be needing to fit out 2 x bathrooms (one upstairs, one downstairs, 1 x kitchen, 1 x laundry/pantry/linen cupboard (downstairs), 3 x walk in wardrobes (2 downstairs, one upstairs).  I love a Hamptoms look...lots of white and natural timber with shaker style fronts on cabinetry.  Along the back wall of the kitchen, I would love to include some timber shelving.  Kitchen needs to include fridge, dishwasher, oven, cook top.  Not sure if Bunnings do a farm style white sink but if so, I'd love to incorporate that into the design.  I look forward to hearing/seeing your thoughts.

Many thanks!floor plan.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sam1978

Thank you very much for your patience, here are some suggestions for the layout of your bathroom. I'll try and post the other side of the wall as soon as I get a chance. In the meantime please have a look at the sketch and tell me what you think. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

sam1978
Getting Established

That looks great. Just wondering what measurements you’ve allowed for the shower and the vanity 😊 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sam1978,

@EricL will be back on the site after the weekend, and I trust he'll be more than happy to answer any questions that you have about his design.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sam1978

The items in your bathroom design are the following:

The tiles of course are at your discretion, but just in case you are curious the floor tile is the Brunswick Pecan Foor tile from Johnson tiles, the wall tiles are the Decor8 Tiles 284 x 324 x 6mm White Matt Hexagon Ceramic Mosaic Tile and the panels are the EasyGroove wet interior panels.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

sam1978
Getting Established

Thank you so much Eric.  I would also love some advice on the laundry cupboard layout.  We have a 3 metre wall to work with (cupboard depth (80cm, ceiling height 240cm).  Would like to include a washing machine, laundry tub, shelving for linen and room for a pantry.  Looking forward to seeing any suggestions you may have.

Thanks so much,

Sam

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects