Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove flexible hose in toilet cistern?

tinkererer
Just Starting Out

How to remove flexible hose in toilet cistern?

the water supply hose has sprung a small leak and needs to be replaced. but realised it's a bit tricky to get a spanner in there to unscrew both ends! any tips on how to remove the hose?! picture below to help explain the situation.

I assume I need to remove the flush unit to get access to the hose ends, but unsure what I need to do, will it just unscrew?

PXL_20220206_040932700.jpg

tinkererer
Just Starting Out

Re: remove water supply hose - help

ok, I figured it out, found the model - R&T Flush Outlet Valve Assembly and watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3imbEKlr4k

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: remove water supply hose - help

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tinkererer. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a water supply hose.

You'll likely need to fannangle some multi-grips in to remove the hose on the wall connector. Worst case, it might be easier to rotate the inlet tap a quarter turn anti-clockwise to gain access to the hoses nut than to remove the flush valve. The inlet valve assembly will need to be removed to undo the hose as there is obviously no room at the moment. Can you see how it's mounted to the cistern or flush valve at all? Follow its chassis down to where it connects. It's best to turn off your water and flush that residual water out for a better look.

If you think removing the flush valve will allow you access to both nuts, then it could be worth removing. They usually fix into place with a quarter turn into locking lugs. Try gentle turning the whole assembly a quarter turn anti-clockwise.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects