Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry makeover - first time reno

Gillgirl
Building a Reputation

Laundry makeover - first time reno

41E94A98-088F-4D92-B0D3-0FBD3A5D0D66.jpeg

Just thought I’d post for those who are a bit apprehensive about starting a project.. we have lived in our house for 25+ years and I’m afraid it took covid to get me up and running on this project I had always wanted to do! Our laundry room was just a dumping ground for everything to do with cleaning and there was nowhere to put anything away plus we had a large laundry sink that was never used. I’m just going to post the pictures but will say we are both seniors with NO experience but plenty of “can do” and willing to try and if necessary change any mistakes ( there were plenty 😂)

862396C4-BE8C-46FF-A606-29500D0851DC.jpeg

  

FA137388-235C-4308-98BD-DC444A7EC6DE.jpeg

A07672D5-28E4-470C-9BB8-DA9284AF270D.jpeg

8CAAB91D-82E5-4F7C-8F66-15184A2BEEA5.jpeg

2F454D8F-9BA6-488B-B41A-5864C8C1E1F4.jpeg

FD631011-78E1-4FFD-95C6-C7D6EAAA2619.jpeg

CD99D601-786A-4A1E-B29B-50FC04A355E8.jpeg

6B208FC2-0008-4B1A-AC5E-343C58950D6E.jpeg

A745CBC6-F48D-4C4F-B114-D56BF533EB59.jpeg

E031E7DF-E657-4F59-9F14-2AF68B7CAF11.jpeg

  

CCC51E6B-6EB8-49AB-B904-17E3E902E637.jpeg

E9F907E2-93CB-4E23-B59D-35E0CDC6DA75.jpeg

  

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: first time reno

Hello @Gillgirl 

That tiling is a work of art. Specialy around the powerpoint. Everything about this is exceptional! My compliments to you both for a fantastic reno!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: first time reno

Hi @Gillgirl,

It's fantastic to see you make your first post and what an impression you've made with it! I'd just like to follow on from Redracer01's comment and say you should be extremely proud of yourself for accomplishing what you have. The laundry looks far more functional than it was previously and I believe you have got the layout just right. What a pleasure it must be working in that space now!

Many thanks for showing us your project and inspiring others to complete their own renovations. We look forward to seeing what else you're up to 

around your home and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Laundry makeover - first time reno

Fantastic work @Gillgirl. You should feel really proud about what you have achieved and I'm sure your project will inspire many others. I've now featured it on our Project Gallery and you can be sure to expect plenty of questions and admirers.

Welcome to the community. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. We are really looking forward to reading more about your next project.

Jason

Caron
Making a Splash

Wow, looks fantastic! Well done. Love the layout and the clean simplicity of it. Did you just do away with the sink completely? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Caron,

Let me mention @Gillgirl for you so they are alerted to your kind feedback.

Mitchell

Gillgirl
Building a Reputation

Hi Caron 

thanks for your kind words!

yes we did get rid of sink as was never used and took up so much space. We had a plumber come in who removed sink and capped off taps to behind wall but left us with a drainage pipe for washing machine. Then we put in new wall and plastered it to have smooth finish. Plumber cost about $600 but completed works cost us roughly $2000 for all materials including plumbing and electrician ( for extra power points under bench top) it all works great!

Thanks @Gillgirl

I thought I might have missed something .... thanks for the explanation. It looks amazing! Look forward to seeing what else you do!

samantha04
Just Starting Out

Hi first timer, we are planning on doing our laundry but stuck with what's the best way to move our washing machine hot and cold taps down for a front loader? Suggestions? Thanks 

Welcome to the Workshop community @samantha04. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

I believe @Gillgirl mentioned that they had a plumber come in who capped off the taps behind the wall which allowed them to tile over. In your circumstance, the easiest option would be to have a plumber relocate the outlets to a lower position. You might like to start your own discussion with some pictures of the current layout and a diagram of what is proposed, our helpful community could then come up with some ideas to assist.

We look forward to seeing your laundry makeover and trust you'll receive loads of inspiration from other community members projects.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects