Workshop
Ask a question

Is wet plasterboard required for bathroom walls even when tiling from floor to ceiling?

sud
Just Starting Out

Is wet plasterboard required for bathroom walls even when tiling from floor to ceiling?

hi, I am converting an existing bedroom into ensuite. Ensuite is going to be tiled from floor to ceiling. I intend to replace existing ceiling's plasterboard with wet plasterboard. I am not sure if I need to install wet plasterboard on the walls too, given its going to be fully tiled.

Please advise. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: is wet plasterboard required for bathroom walls even when tiling from floor to ceiling?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sud. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sheeting a wet area.

Any designated wet area requires suitable sheeting, such as Gyprock Aquacheck⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠, which needs to be waterproofed before tiling according to codes. It's always a good idea to use moisture-resistant sheeting in a bathroom, and CSR recommends that you use their Aquacheck for all walls and the ceiling in your ensuite, especially if it has a shower and a sink.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects