Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can someone tell me what plant this is?

RF10
Finding My Feet

Can someone tell me what plant this is?

Plant pictured below. Thanks!

Plant.jpg 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can someone tell me what plant this is?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RF10. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about plant identification.

I might need to leave this to our plant experts @Noelle and @Adam_W. The best I can come up with is either Veronica speciosa or Hebe andersonii (Lindl. & J. Paxton) Cockayne.

Are you looking to purchase some more or just interested to find out? I'll be keen to hear what our experts think.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @RF10 

I agree with Mitchell that it is a veronica (possible Hebe speciosa syn Veronica speciosa) but trying to identify exactly which variety it is from a photo is not all that easy.

There are hundreds of different species and then named varieties (cultivars) of Hebe and it takes an expert to be able to tell which is which! Leaf colour and form as well as flower color, form and size are all good identifiers. DO you know who planted this row? You may be able to get a positive ID from the source.

Yup, spot-on. Hebe for sure and as @Noelle said very hard to ID the actual variety as there are so many cultivars.

RF10
Finding My Feet

Thanks all - your responses are very helpful!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects