Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden plant and planning help required

SteveC
Cultivating a Following

Garden plant and planning help required

Hi all,

I have just discovered this board and am posting my first question.  I have not been terribly successful at gardening for most of my 70 years, but now want to do better.  My wife has finally got me to redoing our garden.  The beds are there, just full of weeds and kikuyu runners!  Today I sprayed with Glysophate as there was just too much to dig out by hand.  I am looking for suggestions on how to rejuvenate the beds as per attached images.  I live in NW Sydney, so it is hot and dry in the summer and cold and frosty in the winter.  I am mainly interested in suggestions for flowers and small shrubs in the garden beds. I would like the overall colour theme to be warm colours, oranges, reds and yellows.  Also low maintenance and inexpensive for the plants as I am on a pension.  Currently there are some Nandinas, another plant I can't remebember the name of, a dwarf banksia, a bottle brush, a callistemon, a paper bark and a new hybiscus (now about 30cm tall) I have grown from a cutting.  I plan to try and grow some more Nandinas from cutting from the existing plants.IMG_20191029_141626424.jpgIMG_20191029_141636838.jpgIMG_20191029_141649788.jpgIMG_20191029_141725134.jpgIMG_20191029_141733524.jpgIMG_20191029_141744704.jpgIMG_20191029_142435665.jpgIMG_20191029_142452867.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Garden plant and planning help required

Fantastic to have you join in the discussion @kazab21. Welcome to the community.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something new to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

For me to proffer advice would be a case of the deaf dumb and blind leading the blind, but I wish you luck, I hope you get some great advice and are able to show us your progress, I will be eagerly watching on hoping to pick up a tip or two.

Thnx Jason
I look forward to learn more from others and help by contributing where I can.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects