Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Geraniums leaves drooping and floppy

cc1002
Cultivating a Following

Geraniums leaves drooping and floppy

Hello,

Could anyone tell me why geranium leaves are drooping and floppy, then turn into yellow, I’ve tried ECO-fungicide to water all geraniums, but not worked out for this one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you,

cc10025E7801C7-551D-4FA2-BAC9-4C0FD0423F10.jpeg2ED6595F-9D3A-4E57-8E84-400B27A552A8.jpegA0888B9E-FA56-44EE-83D3-C9E339E2F8BD.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Geraniums leaves drooping and floppy

Hello @cc1002

There are a number of factors that could be causing your Geraniums to wilt. It could be environmental stress caused by over or underwatering. Nutrient deficiency in the soil could also be a reason for the plant to wilt. The only other cause could be a fungal infection. 

Have a look at the base of the plant and see if it is very damp. Remove the mulch at the base of the plant and you'll immediately see if the soil is water soaked. Another test you can do is to use a pH test kit to determine if the pH level in the soil is ideal for your Geranium. 

At this point in time, It seems like the leaves are not being attacked by any type of insect and there is no visual damage to the leaves other than wilting and yellowing. If the soil is water soaked, I suggest cutting back on watering and waiting for the soil to normalize. Keep the mulch off the area to promote evaporation, and keep an eye out for any other changes. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cc1002
Cultivating a Following

Re: Geraniums leaves drooping and floppy

Thank you Ericl, I will do what you have suggested to see if the leaves would get better. 
cc1002

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects