Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get started with joining specific classes?

Elly2
Growing in Experience

How to get started with joining specific classes?

I'd like to know how to use w/working tools and thought about doing a small project as a way of learning. I'd appreciate any advice about how to get started with this? How do I register for specific classes; when are the classes running? And any other details about working on a project would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to learn how to use tools. Thank you, Elly

Axelle
Getting Established

Re: How to get started with joining specific classes?

Thank you very much Jason. I will see how I go. Looking at Bunnings Virginia or Bunnings Bald Hills. Ax

Axelle
Getting Established

Thank you Mitchell. I have recently done a make over of my balcony. I bought an outdoor small metal table with two chairs from Bunnings which they were so very prompt to deliver on a Sunday. Bought

IMG20230511134435.jpg

Scotts Osmocote premium potting mix, some pots and rosemary, lavender, basil and parsley and made a cute little herb garden in the very small balcony space. Now I need to hang things on the wall and I need to know how to use a drill - nothing big -  for holes in brick, and cement. 

Axelle
Getting Established

Oh! I forgot. Best part was getting the balcony size cream shade cloth to put all around the lattice from Bunnings I set up almost four decades ago!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Axelle,

You might like to have a read through this topic on How to choose the right drill for the job.  For your holes in masonry, you'll either need a corded hammer drill or a cordless drill driver that has a hammer function. The drill driver is likely going to be the most manageable and will serve plenty of use on your other projects around the home, like driving screws and drilling holes in timber. 

Depending on what you need to hang off the brick wall, we do have the Jack Black Hanging Basket Lock In Brick Hook that fixes into the mortar joints and doesn't require fixings.

The best advice I can give on using learning how to use a drill is to grab several different screws, some drill bits and a piece of timber. Spend an hour or so drilling into the timber and fixing in screws. The more practice you have, the easier it will become. Reach out if you get stuck or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects