Workshop
Ask a question

How to kill invasive weeds?

Scottydont85
Growing in Experience

How to kill invasive weeds?

Hi All,

Quick question on how to kill some weeds in my yard.

I have 3 different weeds that have popped up over the last couple of months.

We have a rather large yard that was once farm land. When we moved in it took about a solid 2 month of mowing and clearing all the weeds/long grass. Some grass started coming through and I though consistent mowing would help establish at least a reasonable backyard that I would be happy to maintain, as it is too big to seed or lay turf.

In northern NSW we have had a lot of rain over the last couple of months and it has almost been too wet to mow most weekends.

I have noticed the weeds have taken over and almost killed all of the grass that had started to come through.

1. looks like a clover with a small purple flower

2. almost looks like a mint type leaf with a purple flower.

3. is dandelion that has really taken over.

Any help of what to use would be really helpfull.

Weed 2.jpegWeed 1.jpegweed 3.jpegweed3.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to kill invasive weeds?

Hi @Scottydont85,

Thank you for your question on how to control invasive weeds.

I'd suggest using a selective weedkiller such as Yates 4L BuffaloPro Hose On Lawn Weed Killer. It is designed to deal with a variety of broadleaf weeds, such as clover and dandelion, while not harming lawns.

This product can be used on buffalo lawns, whereas similar products cannot. If you are unsure of the type of lawn you have, it is best to use the buffalo friendly weedkiller.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects