Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore Sir Walter Buffalo lawn?

Rizzoaus
Just Starting Out

How to restore Sir Walter Buffalo lawn?

Hi all,

As you can see we are having some issues with our Sir Walter Buffalo which we had put in approx 2 years ago.

I must admit - my lawn care is terrible - so finally had enough of how it's looking and decided to do something about it.

The grass is currently quite patchy with some clear dry/brown spots all through the area.

I'm really keen to bring this back to life - just after some suggestions on what's required or what products can help.

PXL_20231114_041005614.jpgPXL_20231114_040953940.jpgPXL_20231114_040959136.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to restore Sir Walter Buffalo lawn?

Hello @Rizzoaus 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about restoring your lawn.

It looks like a little bit of TLC is in order to get your lawn looking good again. I suggest aerating the soil with an aerating tool of your choice. My favourite is the Saxon Lawn Aerator Sandals as your body weight provides the pushing action into the ground. Once aerated, I suggest using Yates 5kg Dynamic Lifter Lawn Food.

It's an organic fertiliser that provides a gentle feed suitable for all lawn types. It contains composted chicken manure, blood & bone, fish meal and seaweed, for a lush and healthy lawn. It provides long lasting nutrients for sustained healthy lawn and encourages earthworms and beneficial soil micro-organisms to promote healthy soil.

I also suggest checking out these helpful guides: How to detect lawn problems and How to repair a lawn. Also, have a look at our Best Advice article on What are your tips for keeping your lawn healthy?

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Rizzoaus
Just Starting Out

Thanks so muck @EricL! I will do just that.

Do you have any other products you'd recommend for Sir Walter buffalo? Is there a particular weed & feed or weed killer best for Sir Walter?

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Rizzoaus 

I suggest using one fertilizer at a time as excessive use of fertilizers will burn the roots of the lawn. You can also use Yates 2.4L BuffaloPro Weed 'n' Feed Hose On Weed Killer but only after enough time has passed and your lawn needs to be fertilized again.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects