Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop my tomato leaves turning yellow?

alanahd
Just Starting Out

How to stop my tomato leaves turning yellow?

Hello

I planted this Tomato Trussty plant about a month ago and it was going good for a while however the past two weeks it started getting yellow/dying leaves and it looks like the flowers are also dying as they are turning brown.

Any information or help would be very good thank you everyone :smile:

photos included

image.jpg

  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to stop my tomato leaves turning yellow?

Hi @alanahd,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're pleased to have you join the community and hope you get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects.

Can you please tell us where you are based? I suspect you might have missed peak tomato growing season. 

The guide How to grow tomatoes from seed to harvest would be a great guide for next time.  

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to stop my tomato leaves turning yellow?

Afternoon @alanahd 

A month ish ago I pulled out my tomatoes as they had run their seasona nd had gone the way you described yours. There was one bush that was still going ok but the leaves are starting to do the same. From my previous years or growing tomatoes it generally means the weather has changed or too hot/dried out. 

Going through your photos the soil does look to be dry? If you live from Brisbane down the coast towards Tassie then id say cold  first then other factors, In Perth maybe you might still have a little growing season left but prob not to fruiting.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop my tomato leaves turning yellow

Hello @alanahd 

I also suggest having a look at these discussions - How to treat tomato leaves turning yellow? @balaji27 and Why are my cherry tomato leaves turning brown? by @Elisha007.

There could be any number of reasons for the yellow leaves on your tomato plant. Lack of water, too much water, not enough nutrients in the soil, disease, change of season and end of lifecycle. 

At this point all I can suggest is to remove the yellow leaves, use Seasol 1.2L Seaweed Health Tonic Concentrate and observe for any other symptoms.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects