Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Muddy runoff down slope

yng7
Cultivating a Following

Muddy runoff down slope

We have an entrance door at the bottom of a sloping ground. Each time when it rains, water, mud and debris run down the slope and collects just outside the entrance door. The garden bed next to the entrance is slowly filling up with mud from the runoff.

What is the best solution to stabilise the slope and/or to prevent further dump of soil at the low point, ie. at the entrance door?Muddy entryMuddy entry

26369F18-55EB-4523-AC64-E60D28F637C8.jpeg

Re: Muddy Runoff Down Slope

just trench it and put a drain across it :wink:
yng7
Cultivating a Following

Muddy Runoff

Update: Resolution of Muddy Runoff

A couple years ago, I posted this problem about one of our entrance area getting flooded by water/mud/debris runoff from adjacent garden slope.

We have finally managed to resolve this problem and it seemed to be working.
Drainage installed in slab (lowest point) and connected to adjacent stormwater drain, and large timber edging pieces to act as retaining wall to prevent runoff. Most economical solution.

These were installed about a year ago but I haven’t been on this Workshop forum for a while.

Thank you to all who have contributed with your helpful suggestions. 

71049BAE-5397-48A6-9022-FEE66A783E22.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Muddy Runoff

Many thanks for the update on the run-off issue @yng7. I trust all the members that offered a helpful suggestion will be very happy you found a solution.

I look forward to your next project, and please let us know anytime you need assistance or have a question. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects