Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Puppy Friendly Gardens

Brad
Trusted Contributor

Re: Puppy Friendly Gardens

I have tried -

Dog Bane

Plectranthus ornatus a perennial in the Lamiaceae family, said to repel dogs from gardens. Grows to a height of about 24-36 in. The plant prefers full sun exposure and not to be over watered. P. ornatus has a bloom time of late summer, early fall to mid-fall and a bloom color of light blue, violet, or lavender. Doesn't keep them away but they don't destroy it either.

Yellow Thai Chilli and Jalapenos - fair game.

Habanero - beat the old dog, not had any around the puppy.

Long Red Hot Dragon Chilli - China variety not the milder Thai, I don't think the puppy will climb up there again and it almost beats me too.

Rosemary - left in peace.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

@Emily has shared a great suggestion for creating a "dog digging patch". See this post - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gardening/Dog-Digging-Patch/m-p/9444

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason, thanks for digging his thread up, I hadn't seen it.

Tania, my gorgeous wife of nearly 43 years, discvovered a remedy, where you put a doggy poop where they've dug. It's worked amazingly well, but I can't walk anywhere outside without a dig deterrant lodging on my sole.

I mentioned that our yard is now full of sh*t, to which she replied, "that's true, but after all, it is your signature garden". :puzzled:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects