Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Repurposing milk bottles to make a vertical garden

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Repurposing milk bottles to make a vertical garden

I saw this article on how to build vertical garden from recycled materials and thought it might be of interest to other members of the Bunnings Workshop community as it reminds me of the innovative solutions that get shared here all the time. Always handy to have an option on how to create interest on a bland wall and how to fit more greenery into small spaces. 

I'd love to hear any tips on about other ways to reuse everyday household items around the garden if anyone has any advice for a novice gardener.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Repurposing milk bottles to make a vertical garden

Jane,

I'm sure you would love some of the projects that @Jamespeter100 has shared with the community in his wonderfully colourful garden.

He is particularly clever at repurposing pallet wood to build items like planters and garden furniture. His project using PVC pipe to plant succulents and hide a compost bin has also been very popular. 

Looking forward to seeing what ideas other members share. Let me tag @timjeffries to see if he has any examples of how he has recycled items in his wonderful garden. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects