Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I remove this tree ?

ppp
Having an Impact

Should I remove this tree ?

I have got this tree planted ( in 2018) as part of handover from builder. In the inclusions doc - it says "pyrus capital".

It has grown significant height in the last year or so. I'm just worried that this will give some headache in the future.

Also it is in front yard, near to plumbing (water/recycled water pipes) and electrical pit - I think this tree roots can damage them.

If I have to remove I need to do this sooner. Once it gets bigger then it will be an additional expense to maintain or removal.

Your thoughts please ? (The tree stump is around 250cm from the nearest house wall.)

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-09 at 12.38.40 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-09 at 12.39.54 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-09 at 12.39.54 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-09 at 12.39.54 PM.jpeg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Should I remove this tree ?

Hello @ppp 

Welcome to Bunnings workshop community. I strongly believe in saving trees where we can. If the tree will cause significant future root damage my first suggestion would be to save the tree for a possible transplant in another area. I'm sure enough has been said and written about how beneficial trees are to our environment. Suffice to say if the tree can be transferred to a safer spot, yes I'm all for it. Chopping it down would be the very last option, if it proves to be impossible to move. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Should I remove this tree ?

Hi @ppp,

Pyrus capital grows to about 7m tall and only 4m wide, so it's probably not an awful choice for the area. As long as the branches are trimmed back, it shouldn't interfere with the house too much. How close is it to those water pipes and electrical pit, though?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects