Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Silver Princess Eucalyptus marks on leaves

PN
Having an Impact

Silver Princess Eucalyptus marks on leaves

Hi @MitchellMc 

Hope you are keeping well. I had a question. We got a silver princess eucalyptus recently and its leaves have this marks in the last couple of weeks. How can we treat these marks and what kind of disease is it ? Please see photo below. 

Thanks

Partha

2021129 Silver princess.jpg

PN
Having an Impact

Re: Silver Princess Eucalyptus marks on leaves

Hi @EricL Eric 

Many thanks. Will use the Seasol on the Maple also. With the Maple the recent hot days where we are has meant it has copped a battering. We have two maples, one in half sun and this one that was impacted by the disease is probably not planted in the right position in the garden. It is in an open area in the front lawn. The copper seems to have helped the symptoms I am waiting to see the impact of the heat Eric. 

Thanks

Partha

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your plant's health @PN, and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @PN,

I am so pleased to see that your Eucalyptus has truly sprung back to life and looking gorgeous!

I hope that your Maples are able to persevere against the heat, looking forward to the update. 

Katie

PN
Having an Impact

Thank you @KatieC Katie. As a total novice I am truly grateful for all the help from @EricL and @MitchellMc and the rest of the team here. Thanks Partha

PN
Having an Impact

Very chuffed to see the first flower on the grevillea that we planted recently in the front garden lawn makeover to wild life garden. This grevillea was planted before an earlier one ( not same variety) the earlier one does not seem to have flowered till now ( growing though slowly) but this one has flowered. Will take it !  

GV FlowerGV Flower

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to see some colour being added to the garden @PN. I'm sure the bees and birds will appreciate the pollen and nectar.

Mitchell

PN
Having an Impact

Hi @MitchellMc and @EricL 

Hope you are keeping well and safe. Sorry to bug you again on some expertise request. I applied Hortico Weed and Green on the lawn and since then the grass is more yellower and these weeds have sprung up throughout the garden.

I wanted to check what is the best thing to apply to eliminate these weeds. And also is it better to use a lawn fertiliser than weed and feed to promote lawn growth?

Thanks

Partha

Hope 20220201 Front Lawn Weeds.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PN (Partha)

In these situations, I suggest taking the next step and that is to physically remove the weeds. Because the weeds have established themselves so well, the chemicals you use will only do so much. I recommend using Trojan Stainless Steel Hand Weeder in combination with Saxon hand Cultivator with Timber Handle. It may take some time, but eventually, you will be able to bring the weed problem under control. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

PN
Having an Impact

Thank you @EricL . I will get hands on to tackle them as per your suggestion. We do have a fiskar's weed puller that we got from Bunnings but it is more suited for larger weeds as it creates too many large holes in the lawn. I will go with the Trojan Hand Weeder that you have shared. thanks again.

PN
Having an Impact

Hi @EricL and @MitchellMc hope you have been keeping well. I need help with a query. The silver princess eculapytus and the sheltered Japanese Maple in the back garden both continue to do well. 

The front garden Japanse Maple is not doing well. I think it is too exposed - it is the middle of the lawn ( as part of our front lawn makeover). I sprayed copper on both maples few weeks back and the front maple was looking better after the initial spray. But now the leaves at the top especially look very sick. 

I have applied Seasol Gold liquid again today and also a bit of copper on the top leaves. 

Should I transplant this plant to a more sheltered part of the garden. If so how do I go about transplanting as in what is best practice to take the plant out of the ground. 

Thanks in advance. 

Partha

PXL_20220220_090928370.MP.jpgPXL_20220220_090928370.MP.jpgPXL_20220220_090932936.MP.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects