Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Walnut Tree

Stephen-H
Building a Reputation

Walnut Tree

Hi Team, We have a walnut tree in the middle of our small orchard that is 35 years old. Last year we noticed that the leaves on the tree were smaller than usual and most of the nuts wound up sun burnt and unusable. This year the tree has forgotten to shoot, no leaves, no 'flowers' nothing. Some of the tips of the little branches are still pliable but no movement. I can't see any obvious problemswith the tree and everyhing else around it is doing just fine. Any ideas?

Re: Walnut Tree

Well the fate of said tree has been made by nature. Yesterday we has a major storm come through the area upto 100km winds, horizontal rain and hail.
The tree is scheilded from the west by a large shed but the wind was so that it moved the leafless tree at the roots. The shed door sufferd alsoShed door.jpgLifted 2.jpgLifted.jpg

Re: Walnut Tree

Sorry to hear of the damage @Stephen-H. The force of those winds must have been incredible. 

I hope no other community members experienced damage from the storm. I saw pictures of golf ball sized hailstones that fell in some Melbourne suburbs. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects