Workshop
Ask a question

What does this bag contain?

daven25
Growing in Experience

What does this bag contain?

Previous residents left this behind. Its like orche gravel or just rocky earth, ie some powder, uneven chunks. There are numerous vines in our garden. I'm wondering if it could be sulphur? It doesn't smell. It isnt soluble, though it can break down into particles like dirt/sand as pictured. Any clues? 

1714286222250 copy.jpg

1714286222245-1 copy.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is this?

Hi @daven25,

It looks like those images haven't come through. Could you try again for us?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daven25
Growing in Experience

Thanks. Thats odd. Hopefully fixed now.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @daven25,

Thanks for that. You're likely on the money that it is gravel or roadbase. However, any unlabelled bag of material should be treated with caution as it could be potentially contaminated with unknown waste. I'd suspect it would be a wise decision to dispose of it and minimise your exposure to it.

Mitchell

daven25
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell.

It's strange there were 2 bags just stored at side of house near garden - one tied with wire the other open. But perhaps the open bag was being filled rather than emptied and it is indeed just waste of some kind.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's likely just landscaping material, @daven25, but better safe than sorry. I had similar bags under my house that were filled with rubble and pieces of asbestos.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects