Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is wrong with my mop top?

REESY11
Just Starting Out

What is wrong with my mop top?

20220101_160828.jpg20220101_160807.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is wrong with my mop top?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @REESY11. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about your mop top.

Although a picture is worth a thousand words, some context might be useful for our members when diagnosing your issue. Any idea what we are looking at here, or could you take a closer image of the bark? When did this issue start?

It appears to be potentially some type of lichen, but the image isn't really a high enough resolution to tell. Apart from this discolouration to the bark, is the tree's overall health good?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What is wrong with my mop top?

Hi @REESY11,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll receive loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. 

Sorry to see your tree isn't doing well. As per Mitch's post, could you please provide a little more detail about your concerns? We would be happy to help. 

You might also find these previous discussions helpful:

Hope that helps.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects