Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What vegetables to plant in summer?

Roberte86
Finding My Feet

What vegetables to plant in summer?

What vegetables can I plant during Summer in Australia ?

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Vegetables to plant in Summer

Hi @Roberte86  Welcome to the Workshop Community 😊🌿 At the moment I have Tomatoes, Capsicum , lettuce , Cucumbers , Eggplants and HEAPS of Chilli’s growing in our garden. Lots of Herbs - Basil, Mint, Thyme, Sage. 
We are in Perth and our Summers are extremely hot so I only grow a few things. Concentrating on keeping our soil healthy and mulched. I hope this helps you. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What vegetables to plant in summer?

Hi again @Roberte86,

Whereabouts are you based and what will you be growing your vegetables in? If you could please share some more detail it will help members give more specific and helpful advice. You'll find what you can plant at this time of year is very dependent on where you are based. It might also depend on whether you plan on growing your veggies in the garden or are using something like a raised garden bed or pots. 

You should find also find these resources helpful:

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What vegetables to plant in summer?

Hello @Roberte86,

Jumping in to add that you can also refer to this article on What to do in the garden in January for some suggestions on which vegetables to plant in the summer. Hope this helps. 

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you join us and look forward to seeing your projects around the home and garden.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects