Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to buy established Japanese Maple trees?

Pmack40
Finding My Feet

Where to buy established Japanese Maple trees?

Hi All,

I am trying to source and purchase 2-4 metre Japanese Maple trees that will be planted in large pots on my terrace. I live in Brisbane. Any help would be really appreciated 

thanks Peter 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where to buy established Japanese Maple trees?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Peter (@Pmack40). It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about purchasing established trees.

I've contacted a few of the nursery suppliers in your area, and mature Japanese Maples are hard to come by. Our suppliers in cooler regions start sending the younger stock to Brisbane heading into Winter. There is a possibility of special ordering some larger mature Japanese Maples then and transporting them to you. Alternatively, it might be worth getting in touch with the Nursery Expert at your local store. If anything becomes available, they'll be able to make contact and let you know.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

thanks so much for getting back to me 

when you mention special order, where could I place a special order? Bunnings?

thanks Peter

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Pmack40

I recommend placing your order at your local store's Special Orders Desk. Your order will be subject to availability with the provider, but you may also request it be placed as a backorder. As soon as your requested Japanese Maple variety is available, it will automatically be placed into your existing order. The Special Orders team will then notify you when it will arrive at the store.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric, that’s very helpful 

regards Petet

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects