Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why is my Lilly Pilly tree declining in health?

murrayjohn
Growing in Experience

Why is my Lilly Pilly tree declining in health?

Hi Garden discussion

I am trying to figure out why my lilly pillys are not looking well  i live  geelong victoria they were planted 5 years ago always been looked after trimmed, and sea soled sprayed twice a year nice and health

Now in the last 6 months the have declined rapidly i have read all you articles on care and pests etc some one suggested the look like a lack of water but get watered when dry maybe to much every thing is growing around the area

have inspected the leaves closely and found no pests the branches at the top are britle snap easily have always trimmed to a manageable height  6-7 ft

should i give them a really good cut back a dose of eco oil as some suggestion have been written

i don`t want to lose them as i love my gardening  i will up load some images

thanking you

murray will answer any questions thru here

as for all to see and post up dates for the communityIMG_3338.JPGIMG_3334.JPGIMG_3336.JPGIMG_3332.JPGIMG_3337.JPGIMG_3350.JPGdid find a lady bug but don`t know what this one  is and a lot of very small black ones fast movingdid find a lady bug but don`t know what this one is and a lot of very small black ones fast moving  

murrayjohn
Growing in Experience

Re: Why is my Lilly Pilly tree declining in health?

Yes Akankha

have read all the advice pages and have been doing as pictures show great advice and feedback

murrayjohn
Growing in Experience

Re: lilly pilly tree health

Thank you @Noelle

i thought that might be the case should i hand trim all the deadwood up top which means i probably have to trim 100mm off top or should i wait till it get  a bit cooler down here in vic

Re: lilly pilly tree health

Wait until it's a bit cooler - around mid March.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects