Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I ensure a hire machine is well maintained for a big carpet clean?

JudyinJilliby
Just Starting Out

How can I ensure a hire machine is well maintained for a big carpet clean?

I'm concerned. I want to hire a carpet cleaning machine and have read the reviews. Most of them were negative with equipment leaking  and/or faulty. How can I be sure that the unit hire is well maintained.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Big Carpet Clean

Hello @JudyinJilliby

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about hiring a carpet cleaner.

I suggest the following steps before you hire the equipment. First, look carefully at the hoses and make sure there are no cracks or splits at the ends. Inspect the fitting ends of the machine and verify that they spring back into their original locking position. Next, ask the customer service team member to test the hose fittings to be certain that they sit in properly on the machine's connectors. 

Due to the constant motion of the hose, a bit of water dripping out of the connectors is unavoidable. However, I suggest asking the customer team member to identify which unit is the newest one in the line-up. A dead giveaway that the unit is old is that the colour of the plastic casing has faded away. The newer units will still have their casing colours intact and will also have fewer scratches on its body.

But if you don't want to deal with the hose connectors, I suggest going with the Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects