Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I remove scratches from the wooden table ?

parth5795
Just Starting Out

How can I remove scratches from the wooden table ?

I received this table (Image attached) from the previous owner and hence do not know the origin of these scratches. Although looking at this it feels like that most probably some are cat scratches and some are just due to deterioration.

What bunnings product I can use to make this table look more polished, new and refreshedPXL_20230122_003312493.jpg?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I remove scratches from the wooden table ?

Hi @parth5795,

I'd suggest you take a look at the Timbermate Waxstix. You can either rub them into the scratches or melt them to fill the area. Excess is scraped back off with a blade. These will do a reasonable job of filling and disguising most of those scratches. You can blend sticks of different colours to achieve the timber grain effect.

You do have a large wear spot in the middle of the table. If this is a timber table, you could apply Feast Watson 125g Brown Hard Wax. This product could also do a good job of hiding those scratch marks.

Once you've disguised the marks, I'd recommend picking up a Gadget Innovations 80 x 30cm Gaming Mouse Pad that you can place in the middle of the desk, as it will cover most of the damage.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects