Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to customise shelves in a closet?

Sugar
Having an Impact

How to customise shelves in a closet?

Hi folks, 

Happy Easter. 

I have 5 wardrobes in my house. All of them consist of only a top shelf and a long-handing rod where we can hang clothes with a hanger only. They do not have any spare shelves. What I am trying to do is to add some additional shelves to the wardrobes so that we could categorize our clothes and stuff accordingly. Basically, I want to do something like this guy is doing here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R7kRkmXBmU&ab_channel=HomeImprovementWoodworking

I am doing some research at the moment but if someone can direct me the right way ( including what king of timber is appropriate for this case), I would appreciate it. 

Or even direct me to the link where someone has done something similar. 

Thanks in advace. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to customise shelves in a closet?

Hello @Sugar

Thank you so much for sharing your finished project. It has certainly made a difference, now that you have a lot of shelves where you can put your clothes in. I suggest treating your father to a meal for all the help he's provided. I'm sure this project will inspire a lot of our members to consider the possibility of putting in their own wardrobe shelves.

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects