Workshop
Ask a question

Cleaning pavers

Joker
Having an Impact

Cleaning pavers

Just wondering how everyone cleans their stone pavers? Or more importantly, the grout between the pavers. We're finding it gets a little grubby and the pressure washer alone isn't doing the job. But I'm wary about using any chemicals for fear of ruining the stone. Any suggestions appreciated. 

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: Cleaning pavers

Have they been sealed?

Joker
Having an Impact

No, they haven't been sealed. The paver suggested that it wasn't necessary, in fact that it was detrimental as the stone would have a permanent "wet-look". 

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

If you're not having luck with a pressure sprayer I would look at sealing them. 

Just wondering what the PSI rating is of your pressure cleaner that youre using.....? I find the more powerful works better on grout or other stone work, cement, general cleaning. I think my Gernie is around 1700psi? And it works fairly well. Otherwise, i dont know! ☺
Joker
Having an Impact

I actually don't know the PSI of the pressure washer as I inherited it from my father. It's a GMC, which I think is an old Bunnings brand no longer around. I doubt it is very high but it is enough to cause damage on things if you're not careful! Eg I recent tried to clean some brickwork (not very smart) and it blasted some mortar out...

If anyone else has any suggestions for cleaning products I'd love to hear them. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects