Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount solar light under the gutter?

minhletn
Finding My Feet

How to mount solar light under the gutter?

Can I drill holes to mount solar lights to the red part under the gutter. Will it damage anything?

Or I should better mount on the brick instead?

A446D64C-DB54-48D0-810C-799D3F4171F7.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to mount solar light under the gutter

Hello @minhletn

Thank you for sharing your question about mounting your solar light under the gutter. If the set you purchased has the solar panel separate on a cord, I suggest mounting the lights on the brick wall instead. This will protect the solar light and housing from being exposed to the weather. Because it is under your eave it will stay protected and last longer. 

Would it be possible for you to post the solar light set you purchased? this will give our members a better idea of its mounting configuration. We can then make recommendations on possible ways to mount it

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @EricL,

I’m looking at this light https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-5w-integrated-solar-powered-sensor-led-floodlight_p0056859

with your suggestion of the lights connecting the to panel with cord, where can the panel be mounted?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @minhletn,

If you're going for that floodlight, you'll need to mount it where the panel receives direct sunlight. The floodlight you've chosen is designed to be exposed to the elements and doesn't need to be mounted in a protected area. The only real option would be to screw it directly to the flashing (red part under the gutter). You can apply some silicone to the area you are fixing the mount onto so water doesn't seep through your mounting holes. Even without it, I don't believe you'd cause any damage.

If you used a floodlight with a separate solar panel, you'd still need to mount it where it receives direct sunlight. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects