Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor entertaining area and retaining walls

Nicolef_2089
Finding My Feet

Outdoor entertaining area and retaining walls

20220619_123350.jpg

20220612_122730.jpg

  

We moved into our new house in March 2022 during the floods. With 3 large dogs we had no choice but to work in all our spare time trying to get rid of the mud pit that was our back yard. My husband and I have done everything ourself. Hes a qualified electrician and im a baker. We had to push back out retaining wall by hand and it was torture. We couldn't be happier with how things have turned out.

20220307_172830.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor entertaining area and retaining walls

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nicolef_2089. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this backyard makeover.

What a transformation you've achieved! That's a sensational before picture you were able to capture. However, I'm sure your dogs were a little disappointed that you removed their mud bath.

I love how you made the most of the different elevations, which have created interest. Did you do all the decking yourselves? That must have also been a task. It looks wonderful, though. 

I trust you're exceptionally proud of the results, and rightly so. I can't wait to see your next project and have no doubt it will be equally impressive.

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
WayneM

Re: Outdoor entertaining area and retaining walls

Lovely work @Nicolef_2089.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

You've provided such detailed information that will be a great help to our community members.

We are interested in turning your project into a Featured Project article. Do you have any more pictures you could share?

It would also be great if you could share any other tips or lessons learned during your project that would assist others attempting similar projects.

Many thanks,

Wayne

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects