Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Apologies for the spam

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the spam

Hi all,

A number of our Bunnings Workshop online community members received a spam message from fake accounts on Saturday morning. Once this was brought to our attention we took immediate steps to ban the spam accounts.  

We sincerely apologise to our community members that were affected and we are working to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Please do not click on the links contained in the message. 

If you are ever concerned about content on the site, please don't hesitate to use the Report Inappropriate Content link to get in touch with our moderation team. We're here to help. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
theskywaspink
Growing in Experience

Spammy private message

Anyone else receive a spammy message this morning about winning an iPhone?

Don't click any links in it either, unless you feel like a IT tech cleaning your pc up :smile:

Re: Spammy private message

Our apologies @theskywaspinkOur team is working on banning the source of this attack to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

Jason

LizzieCro
Making a Splash

PRIVATE MESSAGE RE WINNING IPHONE

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to ask this/who to contact so here goes. I received an email today claiming it was from Bunnings Workshop. It said I had a 'Private message', which asked if I wanted to win an iphone 12. It looks authentic, but I just thought I'd check here before clicking on any links. Is this authentic???

Thanks very much.

Lizzie

Re: PRIVATE MESSAGE RE WINNING IPHONE

PS and I also can't find any way to read any private messages on my Workshop account anyway.

Hi @LizzieCro,

Please do not click on the link. It is spam. Our team is working on banning the source of this attack to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

Thanks,

Jason

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @LizzieCro 

To read a private message, click on your profile name on the top right hand corner of the page, and select private message from the drop down menu.

Regards
Deanna

Bliv
Cultivating a Following

Re: Apologies for the spam

Bliv_0-1605914358898.png

The members name is beanstalks, he is online right now.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

The user is banned, thanks for flagging @Bliv.

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Bliv,

Many thanks for your concern. I can assure you that member has been banned from contributing to the community.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects